October 1947-August 1949
- Pastor Wilson takes a stand against liberalism in Christiansburg and is barred from Honey Creek Church, his first Church.
- Pastor Wilson wins court decision, “right” prevails.
- Itinerant church meets in cemetery, funeral parlor, creamery, parsonage, and school building.
September 4, 1949
- Pastor Wilson leads 105 saints out of the Northern Baptist Convention and Troy Baptist Temple is birthed in a two week long revival tent meeting just a few hundred yards west of the present building.
- First funds ($400) raised for down payment to buy land at 691 Staunton Road, Troy, Ohio.
- Shortly thereafter, pigs are run off before construction can begin.
February 4, 1950
- Money raised from faithful members Harry Heck ($5,000) and Laban Jacobson ($3,000), a gift ($2,000) from Akron Baptist Temple and a loan ($10,000) from a West Milton bank. Construction begins on the first building, a concrete block structure.
October 3, 1954
- Pastor Wilson resigns from TBT.
- Pastor Duff preaches for the first time in evening service.
- Pastor Duff called to TBT.
- New parsonage purchased next-door to church for $12,000
- Radio broadcast started on Piqua WPTW and remained broadcast for 54 years. Later broadcasts eventually number 13 stations in Ohio, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Puerto Rico.
- First radio announcers were Lou Younce and Dan Lavy.
- Deaf ministry started by Don Williams and Clifford Smith after learning to sign at the Bill Rice Ranch.
- Purchased 4.7 acres of adjoining land for $10,000.
- Began work on 1,980 sq. ft. youth center and kitchen named after Dewey Schaefer.
- One acre of parking lot is blacktopped.
- Bus garage is built for $2,500.
- Auditorium expanded to accommodate 1,000 for a cost of $210,000
- Easter Sunday attendance reaches 939
- God speaks to Pastor Duff about starting TV ministry on Dayton channel 22, “Light for Man Today” after being diagnosed with cancer. His cancer would become non-existent and the TV program would continue until shortly after his retirement in 1987.
- Attendance reaches an all time high of 998, average reaches 665 and bus ministry reaches 300 children weekly.
- Pastor Jim Harrison and wife Jean are called to TBT and labor for eight years before being called back to Georgia where they continue to labor today.
- Old ministries and new ministries alike would continue to flourish including the Juniors For Christ (JFC), Teens, the 25 member English handbell choir, deaf ministry, television ministry, bus ministry, and teen and deaf trips to the Bill Rice Ranch. More physical growth would continue with building additions and improvements. The missionary support also continued to grow.
July 12, 1987
- Pastor Duff retires as pastor but continues the TV ministry.
August 23, 1987
- Pastor Arrowood called to TBT and lovingly leads the “fight” to contend for the faith.
- Pastor Frank Workman and wife Laura are called to Troy. Pastor Frank assumes the asst. pastor position and directs youth and music ministries.
- Pastor Wilson in his 40th Anniversary comments recognizes staunch, faithful servants Harry Heck, Dewey Schaefer and Dallas Johnson for their steadfastness and for “always going the extra mile or two, or even three.”
- Major renovation of the auditorium.
- City-wide patriotic rally on the square supporting Desert Storm servicemen and women.
- Over 200 saved and church started at Casas Grandes, Mexico as a result of a missions trip.
- Missions Trips continue today supported, in part, through the Strawberry Festival Booth.
April 20, 1993
- Pastor Duff goes home to be with the Lord. All told, over 5,500 salvation decisions would be made during Pastor Duff’s ministry of 33 years.
- Remodeling of the office and other areas.
- Greater Miami Valley evangelistic crusade, Outreach 2000, with Ron Comfort.
- Pastor Chris Williams and wife Laura are called to TBT. Pastor Chris assumes an asst. pastor position and directs youth and music ministries.
- Revival with J.T. Lyons sparks “Faith Changing Lives” ministries at TBT.
- The Jehoash Chest overflows as the total debt of $92,771 is paid off on “Sacrificial Sunday” (II Kings 12:1-11).
- The “Building a Heart of Faith” praise banquet kicks off faith promise giving for future building program.
May 25, 2008
- Pastor Arrowood resigns from TBT.
September 17, 2008
- Pastor Wilson goes home to be with the Lord. He was responsible for starting two churches: Troy Baptist Temple and Atlanta Baptist Temple.
- Troy Baptist Temple supporting 61 missionaries.
- Assistant Pastor Chris Williams serves as interim pastor until February 28, 2009.
- Pastor Mulvaine called to TBT and desires to see people saved, growing and serving in the local church.
October 25-November 1, 2009
- First annual Faith Promise Missions Conference: “From the Cross, through the Church, to the World.”
January 10, 2010
- TBT organizes a send-off for Pastor Williams and family.
- Pastor Mike Foster and wife Bonnie are called to TBT. Pastor Foster assumes an asst. pastor position and directs youth and music ministries.
- Pastoral Assistant Micah Betzner joins the staff at Troy Baptist Temple.
June 13-19, 2010
- 50th annual Teen Camp at the Bill Rice Ranch with Evangelist Troy Carlson and Pastor Jim Schettler.
- The carpet is replaced in the auditorium, foyer, halls, and stairs.
August 21, 2011
- Troy Baptist Temple honors Pastor Workman for his 50 years of ministry. Pastor John Michel spoke in the commemorative evening service.
February 14, 2012
- Phase I of the church renovation begins. New lights are added in the auditorium and outside, new front doors are installed, and the fellowship hall is renovated.
September 11, 2013
- Wednesday evening Master Clubs program begins.
- Pastor Mulvaine and Assistant Pastor Foster resign from TBT.
September 21, 2014
- Troy Baptist Temple recognizes God’s leading and votes to bring John Stevens as Interim Pastor.
October 26, 2014
- Troy Baptist Temple celebrates Pastor John Steven’s first Sunday.
- Phase II of the church renovation begins. The ladies bathroom and the old downstairs sound room remodeling is started.
December 10, 2014
- Pastor David R. Thomasson preaches for the first time at Troy Baptist Temple.
January 18, 2015
- Pastor Thomasson preaches all services on Sunday as he candidates for the pastorate at Troy Baptist Temple.
January 25, 2015
- Troy Baptist Temple votes on Pastor Thomasson to become the fifth pastor of Troy Baptist Temple (99.1%).
February 1, 2015
- Pastor Thomasson accepts the call to the pastorate of Troy Baptist Temple.
February 28, 2015
- Pastor Thomasson starts his ministry by having a Men’s Prayer Meeting at 5 pm as his first action as pastor to “start off right.”
March 1, 2015
- Pastor Thomasson has his first Sunday as pastor of Troy Baptist Temple.
October 5, 2015
- Various improvements are made around the church property, including the painting of the handrails, installation of hand rails, stonework on the baptistry and in the foyer, and much painting and cleaning.
- Mary Burchell joins the staff at Troy Baptist Temple.
March 6, 2016
- The church sign is installed.
- Pastor Thomasson celebrates his first anniversary at Troy Baptist Temple. In the first year TBT has seen many new members join the church.
April 1, 2016
- The first annual Stewardship Banquet takes place, with finances given and pledged toward building projects and maintenance put forward by Pastor Thomasson's vision.
- The sidewalk and entrances in front of the church building are replaced.
- The parking lot is refurbished.
November 6, 2016
- Pastor Frank Workman goes home to be with the Lord. He faithfully served as a second man at TBT for 28 years.
January 15, 2017
- Pastor Thomasson conducts the Annual Victory Meeting, and introduces his vision for a canopy over the current main entrance, and a "Friendship Hall" which would provide many needed accommodations.
- TBT has taken on 10 new missionaries since March of 2015.
December 24, 2017
- TBT holds the first service in Friendship Hall with Christmas music and a gospel message from God's Word.
January 14, 2018
- Brother Gary Costanza joins the staff at Troy Baptist Temple.
March 28, 2018
- The steeple for the church is installed.